- Work of course.
- Getting ready for my oldest's graduation from High School (I'm feeling really old).
- BETA Testing :)
- Accepting a position on the PLM World Board of Directors.
Wait a second, what was that last one? Yes, I've taken on the role of representing You, the Solid Edge user, at PLM World. Now before you go off thinking "Wow! Grundey got himself a nice cushy board position making fat wads of cash.", let me burst your bubble and tell you; there is no compensation!
So why am I doing it? Well, there was a variety of reasons:
- Somebody needs to represent Solid Edge at PLM World
- Somebody thought I would be a good Solid Edge representative
- I was silly enought to say "Yes"
Now, here's the hard part. I need your help. That's right, I can't do it all my self. So what can you do?
Well, let me fill you in on a little secret first. PLM World is unlike some other CAD/PLM user groups in that it is ran by the users, for the users. It is not a marketing arm of Siemens PLM. That being said, obviously it needs a lot of users such as yourself to participate in the events as well as just attend them. I would like to ask all Solid Edge users to become involved in some way. Below is a list of ways you can become involved.
- Become a PLM World Citizen. Sign up is free, easy and non-commital (you will need your Sold To ID)
- Provide constructive feedback on the user events you have attended to help improve them.
- Attend the user events. There is the annual event as well as regional events closer to home, and the value of the training, tips, and networking far exceed the cost to attend.
- Make a presentation. If you think you don't have something to present that someone else would be interested in, your wrong, and if that's not enough of an incentive, the event admission is FREE for presnters!
- Take a leadership or membership role in a Special Interest Group or a Regional User Group.
For those who are already registered, I encourage you to attend the Solid Edge SIG Round Table meeting being held adjacent to and during the Industry Night even Sunday evening (May 31st) @ 6:30 PM for some socializing and informal discussion.
For those who have not registered yet, there is still time especially if you're close to Nashville :) And pay attention to the different events inside of the main event. If your just interested in Solid Edge, sign up for the Velocity Series Connection. It will save you some time and money.
Hope to "connect" with you soon!